KCA University Distance Learning presents a unique blend of digital material accessible to the learner in both online and offline mode. This blended mode is one of the latest innovations by KCA University created to facilitate the delivery of high quality degree programmes in East Africa and the region. We have pioneered ICT and business education using modern technology and pedagogical approaches. This has put us on the path to provide flexibility and equitable access to education, as well as improving educational experiences for both on and off-campus students
KCA University Distance Learning programmes
Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com)
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSc.IT)
Certificate & Diploma in Business Management
Benefits of Distance Learning at KCAU
1. Introduces flexibility, allowing you to study at your own time and pace
2. Encourages personal development and career progression for working professionals, especially those with other commitments such as family or work, and those in far flung locations
3. Enables learners to achieve the same quality education as their peers who attend face-to-face classes in institutions of their choice
4. Removes the limitations introduced by time and distance
5. Reduces learning costs
6. Increases workplace productivity as staff is able to advance their skills and knowledge without having to take long periods of study leave.
7. Leads to efficient utilization of time. Within 5 evenings /days (Monday to Friday) you are able to cover more ground than a face to face learner.
8. Allows learners to select their preferred mode, and to switch modes as their conditions change.
9. Reliable access to the course material with the choice to use digital online material, digital off-line material and traditional paper-based contents in case you are not able to access technology
10. A modular approach that allows you to sit and pay for the number of modules that your time and money allows per trimester
11. High quality modules developed using expertise that is based on knowledge, skills and experience
12. Content developed using the Commonwealth of learning model, and includes audio, video, text and live chats.
13. Experience drawn from collaboration with global partners in the provision of distance education
14. Round-the-clock technological and pedagogical support using face to face and online platforms
15. Similar examinations with the face-to-face learners, ensuring similar quality across the board
16. Continuous assessment tests done online to remove the need for physical attendance in between the trimester.
17. Three intakes a year in January, May and September allowing the learner to choose their start dates.
18. International reputation-KCAU programmes and graduates are recognized internationally. Furthermore, our earlier collaboration with one of the biggest distance learning universities in the world, University of South Africa, has enabled us to gain the requisite experience in running a distance learning programme.
19. Quality- All our distance learning programmes are approved by the KCA university senate and the Commission for University Education. The modules are developed by knowledgeable subject experts. All distance learning modules are developed and reviewed through a rigorous process within the academic departments in conjunction with the quality assurance unit. Furthermore, the credibility of the program is assured by turning all the assignments and content through anti-plagiarism software to ensure originality.
KCA University Contacts
Main Campus - Thika Road, Ruaraka,
P.O Box 56808-00200, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254 208 070 408/9, +254 203 537 842
Cell: +254 710 888 022
Town & ICAD Campus
Opposite Nakumatt Lifestyle
Adjacent to Jevanjee Gardens
Monrovia Street, Nairobi Kenya
Telephone: +254 202 211 263/4/8
Oginga Odinga Street, Kisumu Kenya
Telephone: +254 572 024 094/5